Find a photo that represents EACH one of these definitions below. You are responsible for knowing these definitions.
- Kuler – s a free web application that can help e-commerce site designers select beautiful and communicative color palettes.
- Color Theory – color theoryis a body of practical guidance to color mixing and the visual effects of a specific color combination
- RGB – (red, green, and blue) refers to a system for representing the colors to be used on a computer display
- CMYK – color model (process color, four color) is a subtractive color model, used in color printing, and is also used to describe the printing process itself. CMYKrefers to the four inks used in some color printing: cyan, magenta, yellow, and key (black).
- Subtractive – model explains the mixing of a limited set of dyes, inks, paint pigments or natural colorants to create a wider range ofcolors, each the result of partially or completely subtracting (that is, absorbing) some wavelengths of light and not others.
- Additive Color- is colorcreated by mixing light of two or more differentcolors. Red, green, and blue are the additive primary colors normally used in additive color
- Primary Colors- any of a group of colors from which all other colors can be obtained by mixing.
- Secondary Colors- a color resulting from the mixing of two primary colors.
- Tertiary – are the resulting colorformed when an equal amount of a primary and a secondary color are mixed
- Complimentary – colors directly opposite each other in the color spectrum, such as red and green or blue and orange, that when combined in the right proportions, produce white light.
- Monochromatic – are all the colors(tints, tones, and shades) of a single hue
- Vector Graphics – is the use of geometrical primitives such as points, lines, curves, and shapes or polygons—all of which are based on mathematical expressions—to represent images in computer graphics
- Raster Graphics – are digital images created or captured (for example, by scanning in a photo) as a set of samples of a given space
- Image Trace – Convert bitmap images(for example, photos or scanned designs) into vector artwork that you can modify and use in Adobe Illustrator
- Live Paint Bucket – feature allows the artist to flow paintinto areas created by the intersection of shapes and paths
- Color Guide – panel is a useful way to create colorvariations in your artwork