Student Sample Portfolio
Design an Intro that includes your name – In Illustrator
Choose a song to download and play with your final presentation (Your song must NOT have explicit lyrics, if you turn in a project with explicit lyrics you WILL fail the final)
Present all your work IN ORDER
- Intro to you Page – (this is a new project Design this in illustrator using your first name)
- Animal Shapes
- Apple – Clipping Masks (2)
- Pen Tool Exercise
- Personal Logo
- Stationery Designs – Business Card, Letterhead, Envelope
- 8up Business Cards
- Notepad Paper Design
- 4up Notepad Layout
- Notepad Photograph
- Playing Card
- Typography Design Project
- Client Logo Sketches
- Client Logo
- Type as Illustration (Favorite 2)
- Button Sketches
- Button Designs on Computer
- Button Product
- Technical Drawing
- Pattern Design
- Pattern In County Shape
- Personal Cartoon Avatar
- Tea Box Logo Design
- Nutrition Facts
- Tea Box Packaging Design
- Bottle Label Logo
- Bottle Label Design
- Bottle Photograph
- 3D bottle
- Bottle Advertisment Poster
- Cereal Box Logo
- Cereal Box Design
- Cereal Box Photographs
- Vector Self Portrait
- Design Challenge
- Calendar Artwork – 12
- Comic book Page Design
- Terms Poster Design
- T-Shirt Design
- T-Shirt Photograph
- Add anything you made in your extra time
How To FINAL PRESENTATION
- Go to canvas or your desktop and organize all the above files. Put all the files in the a folder called Final Work on your desktop.
- Label all the files (numbers should be listed as 01,02,03,,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11 etc.)
- You need an MP3 of your favorite song (this must have clean lyrics, if explicit lyrics are used in your final project YOU WILL FAIL THE FINAL). If you find your song on youtube.com you can download the song using this link:
http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ (Links to an external site.)
- Find your song on youtube.com
- Copy the url address (an example ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE)
- Go to the site http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
- Paste it in the box and click convert Video
- Click Convert Video
- Click the Download link
- The MP3 file should download to your Finder – Downloads folder
- LISTEN to the song and make sure there are NO explicit lyrics
- Open Adobe Photoshop – It should be on your doc but if it isn’t, go to your Finder – applications folder – Adobe Photoshop CC – Adobe Photoshop CC.app
- Go to File –New – Choose Film & Video
- Set the video settings to HDTV 1080p/29.97, RGB, White Background
Go to File – Place
Navigate to your Final Work Folder on your desktop
Navigate to the folder on your desktop called Final Work
Holding Shift on your keyboard, select the first file then scroll to the bottom of the list and click the last file – This will select all the files in your folder. You should have more than my example folder.
Drag all the files into your photoshop video document.
You will get a Place Window that looks like this:
All your images will overlap. You will have a big X over each photo, just keep clicking OK and Enter, OK and Enter
If you would like to change the size of any of your images or the placement this is the time to do that.
Go to Window – Timeline
23.Click on the button “Create Video Timeline”
Choose Create Video Timeline, Then CLICK ON create video Timeline.
It should look like this but with many more layers
- Each Layer or Slide should last for about 2:00f which is about 30 seconds.
- Drag the end and the beginning of the purple box to the correct timing for each layer.
Click and drag them like stairs, so they alternate slides viewing.
When finished it should look like this:
- Add your music to the Audio Track by clicking on the music note
it should look like this:
- You need to end the song when your video ends so you scroll all the way to the right at the end of the song and drag back this little icon to match with your last slide.
- FIRST SAVE YOUR FILE – Just in case your document crashes during rendering.
- Then Go to File – Export – Render Video
- When you are finished with your project let the instructor know, it will be collected for your presentation.